Since the infertility issue hit home, it’s been a long period of pain and confusion. I’ve got on with daily responsibilities and made sure I never lost track at work. However, I have lost myself and forgotten the importance of fun. As a struggle with health, I’m constantly tired and don’t quite have that vavavoom.
My singleton friend feels the same, that life has become stagnant for her while as she recovers from the loss of a seven year relationship.
Getting that vavavoom back
We decided we can’t sit in this misery and that this is not what life is about. So, as we sat on a train we wrote out our Summer Lists- 10 things we have to do before August 31st 2012. They can be things that make life easier, that we enjoy or that we’ve put off.
Then I made another friend do it and we giggled over how different we are to ten years ago. Suddenly we’re discussing house plans instead of nightclubs and bars. It’s been a fun little thing to do with friends and so I’m sharing.
My summer list
I’ll cross each one off and leave notes with each one I complete.
1. Get one of those handheld vacuum things – simple domestic pleasures.
2. Get healthy for fertility – exercise 30mins 3 times a week and increase size/ frequency of meals. (Might use the Race for life training plan to get started on this)
3. Join Race for life – 5km run.. to support a friend as it’s in memory of her loved one
4. Birthday celebrations for once!
5. Buy fabulous sunglasses and get out in the sun more
6. Read 5 books and write out plot
7. Try out new recipes – related to point 2
8. Bake a cake – never done that before .. red velvet and banana cake recipes are soooo welcome!
9. Visit a farm for fruit – maybe strawberry picking
10. Art – photography/painting at least one piece
Why not join in and share yours too?