I have always been bemused by the fact that as… women, we spend longer planning the nursery for the baby, than our bodies. Obstetrician G Moth (The Baby Making Bible)
I’ve started seeing Thea, my friend’s mum who is an excellent homeopath. I wouldn’t have considered homeopathy or any extra alternative treatments if it wasn’t for my friend who swears by it. I have a good feeling in my tummy about these sessions with her mum. All future Good Health For Life (GH4L) posts will be about the sessions and what I’m learning.
I’m silently weeping at the thought of having to solely focus on getting my health back on track over the next six months and seeing another year pass by without any positive pregnancy tests. Yet, I know it’s the right thing to do. I don’t want drugs to kick start my body without me actually trying to build my energy (qi) by myself. I desperately want my body to be the best possible place for a baby to be.
Plus fertility specialist Emma Cannon advises a four cycle approach where you focus on your health and body instead of conceiving:
“Ideally you should follow the pre-conception plan for four cycles, time allowing… My guidelines are based around the idea of achieving optimal health and attaining balance in the body for conception.”
The way Emma breaks down fertility types with symptoms makes complete sense to me. All my symptoms point to blood deficient which means I need to take it easy and seriously nourish my body.
This was confirmed when Thea strapped a band around my head and connected me to a Life System machine. It picked up adrenal exhaustion, nervous exhaustion, low progesterone, issues with my lower back, trauma from sunburn .. and even picked up emotions such as an inbalance in lust (that made me go oooh), power (leaving my job) and projection (being sensitive to the moods of my loved ones). I just found myself saying ‘Ah, I knew that. I just didn’t get to do anything about it.’ Poor excuse really. All in all, we seem to have A LOT to work on. The machine pings messages through waves to the body too. I don’t quite get how it works but I believe in energy so it’ll be interesting to see how what it picks up changes over time.
I’m also having NAET therapy with Thea which identifies allergies and re-programmes the body:
Then by muscle testing I will establish what substances you are allergic to. You may not have even realised that you are allergic to some of these substances. You may have thought they disagreed with you or you may not have associated your symptoms with a particular substance. Allergens have to be cleared (treated) in a specific order that reflects their importance to the body but as each one is cleared you will begin to absorb more vitamins and nutrients from the food you eat. – Thea
This is what I’m having to do:
- Keep a diary – food & emotions. It’s going to be hard to break old habits but this is going to help.
- More oily fish, more greens, less red meat, no milk (almond milk only) and generally work on alkalizing my body
- Continue to listen to the cravings and eat dark chocolate… hurrah that’ll be easy to tick! “Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), the same chemical your brain creates when you feel like you’re falling in love. PEA encourages your brain to release endorphins, so eating dark chocolate will make you feel happier.” – fitday.com
- Take She Oak essence to calm the mind & my emotions to do with fertilty
- Go for a walk everyday and absorb some sun but no sunglasses as my eyes need to absorb that sunshine! (Emma Cannon recommends 30 minute walks too)
- No running/jogging or heavy exercise (Again Emma Cannon advises that too for blood deficient types)
- Start attending yoga and swimming again
- Start on new recommended supplements (currently using Pregnacare but switching to Zita West Vitafem, not sure what Thea’s going to add to it but I’ll update this later). I plan to carry on taking Omega 3,6,9 and start on Royal Jelly.
Putting it all into practice is going to be a challenge. I have no idea where this will lead but I felt crazily light and positive after today’s session. That has to be a good thing, right?
If anyone is trying any of the above or has tried it, I’d love to hear about your experiences.